Goin' Home to Mississippi


I wrote this silly little song for the band to noodle around on while performing. In this one, everybody gets a solo!

It's just cool that I happen to be in Jackson, MS when this posts. No relation to my cutie Caledonia, though.

🔊 Listen online here.
💾 Download it here.




 



I’m going home to Oxford Mississippi, I’m going home.
I’m going home to Oxford Mississippi, I’m going home
See my lovely Liliana down in Mississippi, I’m going home.

I’m going home to Jackson Mississippi, I’m going home.
I’m going home to Jackson Mississippi, I’m going home
see my cutie Caledonia down in Mississippi, I’m going home.

I’m going home to Gulfport Mississippi, I’m going home.
I’m going home to Gulfport Mississippi, I’m going home.
See my bonnie Belladonna down in Mississippi, I’m going home.

I’m heading out to Mobile Alabama, I’m leaving home.
I’m heading out to Mobile Alabama, I’m leaving home.
I got three pretty little women want me dead in Mississippi, I’m leaving home.


Words & Music Copyright ©️ 2008 Robert Ritter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Freedom Ring

Adieu, Au Revoir, À Demain

Wings of a Dove